Club app icon

Pitchero Club

The official Maldon & Tiptree app


1st Team - Match centre

Hayes & Yeading United
Maldon & Tiptree
Full time
S Bah (27'), J Ogedi-Uzokwe (53'), G Keys (90')
Tue 5 Sep 19:45 - The Emirates FA Cup 17-18 Attendance 201

Extra time heartache for The Jammers


A winning goal for Hayes and Yeading in the second half of extra time knock Maldon and Tiptree out of this years FA Cup

Hayes and Yeading FC v Maldon and Tiptree FC FA Cup Preliminary Round Replay Tuesday 5 September 2017

Jammers boss Kevin Horlock was forced into two changes to his line up from the drawn first tie against Hayes and Yeading. Ryan Gondoh had not recovered from his injury sustained in the first match and Tom Monk was not available. In came Suliaman Bah,up front, and George Forrest took up his place in a rearranged back three.

On a good looking surface at the hosts brand new ground it was the visitors who attacked first when Suliaman Bah ran on well but saw his shot blocked then George Keys got in a fine low cross but no Maldon and Tiptree forward was able to get a touch. On 9 minutes from almost nothing the home side took the lead when Ismael Ehui wriggled his way to the right side by line before getting the ball back for Josh Chamberlain to crash his shot home from 8 metres. This goal seemed to knock the stuffing out of the Jammers and they took some time to get themselves back into the game. During this time the home sides Rowan Vine fired a good chance over after a quick move down the right had opened up the visitors defence then visitors keeper Andy Walker saved well with his legs after Rohdell Gordon had gone on a strong run down the left before getting his shot away. Maldon and Tiptree gradually played their way back into the game with some good passing football but without really creating any clear chances but their perseverance was rewarded after 27 minutes when Johnville Renee made progress down the left before slipping the ball into Bah who took a touch before getting his shot away that home keeper Jack Smith could only parry back to Bah who then had little trouble firing home. The game then before a bit of a midfield slog with no one able to unlock the respective defences but that all changed as the first half entered its later stages. On 37 minutes the home side moved back into the lead when a hopeful long clearance by Smith caught the visitors rearguard out of position and Vine, after shrugging off a defender, converted into the corner from just inside the penalty area. Worse was to follow for the Jammers a minute before half time when Hayes and Yeading moved further ahead and again the Jammers defence was caught out when Ismael Ehui was gifted possession from a mistaken defensive clearance and he converted across Walker and into the far corner.

Half time Hayes and Yeading 3 Maldon and Tiptree 1

A forced substitution at the start of the second half saw Kieran Bailey replace the injured Chris Millar and certainly the visitors continued to play some delightful football which was rewarded after just 8 minutes of the restart when Ryan Clampin's great run down the left saw him leave his defender in his wake before crossing for the alert Junior Ogedi-Uzokwe to pounce and steer the ball past Smith. The Jammers now started to take a firm grip on the game with crisp passing on a surface that was becoming greasy due to the fine rain, and restricting the home side to their own half where they started to accumulate a number of yellow cards as they struggled to hold the visitors attack. Maldon and Tiptree's Ogedi-Uzokwe almost added to his goal account when Bailey put him through but Smith just blocked his goal bound effort then Matt Lock hit a great ball in that was just missed by his forwards and Smith made a good catch. Clampin was causing all sorts of problems down the left and another fine run and cross saw Ogedi-Uzokwe head just over before a rare move by the home side into the visitors half saw a long free kick played into the far post where a melee ended with the ball running just the wrong side of the post. Another injury saw the visitors Bah having to leave the field to be replaced by Alfie Rowland but this did not stop Maldon and Tiptree continuing to dominate the play and another run down the home sides right flank, this time by Ogedi-Uzokwe, saw him get a cross over that Bailey managed to direct at goal but Smith was able to make the save. Bailey then turned provider with a jinking run before freeing Ogedi-Uzokwe to get his fierce shot away but this flew over the junction of post and bar then Renee, with a jinking run on the edge of the penalty area, made an opening for himself but his shot lacked strength and Smith made an easy save. Two free kicks in quick succession from the Jammers Matt Lock saw the first one one, from wide right, go along the home goal area with no touch then the second, from just outside the penalty area, saw it beat the wall but fly just wide of the post with Smith scrambling across his line. With Maldon and Tiptree's one substitution, Hayes and Yeading's three and some time wasting by home keeper Smith there were a number of minutes added to normal time by the referee and this provided a life line to The Jammers as they at last were able to get the ball into the home sides net to equal up the scores to match the result of the first tie. The goal came on 92 minutes from another free kick in a similar position just outside the home penalty area that Lock had taken but this time Renee took responsibility and his shot again cleared the defensive wall but the ball thudded against the bottom of the post before rebounding up for Rowland to head across for George Keys to force home from close range. In a breathless finish Rowland almost won it for Maldon and Tiptree but after a fine run his rather weak shot was easily saved by Smith.

Full time

Hayes and Yeading FC 3 Maldon and Tiptree FC 3

Extra time saw Maldon and Tiptree continuing to have the better of the play with Bailey playing in Renee to get a fine 25 metre drive away that Smith was just able to put over the bar then Bailey's cross was headed goal wards by Ogedi-Uzokwe where the ball was just cleared from the line. Smith was again the home sides saviour when he was able to just turn away Bailey's driven effort from the edge of the penalty area after his mazy run along the penalty area edge. Perhaps a portent of what was to follow came at the end of the first half of extra time when the visitors defence was left exposed for Tommy Clooney to fire wastefully over from a good position. 5 minutes into the second half of extra time spelled heartache for Maldon and Tiptree when an unnecessary foul gave the home sides Chamberlain the chance to swing in a long free kick which the visitors defence did not attack and was headed back across goal to find Harly Wise, unopposed, to fire past Walker from close range.
Maldon and Tiptree then made one last chance but Renee's optimistic effort from out wide screwed horribly wide while the home sides Gordon and substitute Frankie Jones both saw shots charged down.

End of Extra Time

Hayes and Yeading FC 4 Maldon and Tiptree FC 3

The FA SuperKicks app launched to kick-start children's play and learning

Key moments

Goal Suliaman Bah scores for Maldon & Tiptree
Goal Junior Ogedi-Uzokwe scores for Maldon & Tiptree
Goal George Keys scores for Maldon & Tiptree


View 0 new events
90:00 Goal 0 - 3
George Keys scores for Maldon & Tiptree
72:00 Sub Off
Suliaman Bah is substituted off for Maldon & Tiptree
72:00 Sub On
Alfie Rowland is substituted on for Maldon & Tiptree
53:00 Goal 0 - 2
Junior Ogedi-Uzokwe scores for Maldon & Tiptree
46:00 Sub Off
Christopher Millar is substituted off for Maldon & Tiptree
46:00 Sub On
Kieran Bailey is substituted on for Maldon & Tiptree
End of period 1
27:00 Goal 0 - 1
Suliaman Bah scores for Maldon & Tiptree
20:00 Yellow Card
George Keys is yellow carded for Maldon & Tiptree
Start of the game
Replay game

As it happened

  • Hayes & Yeading United
  • Maldon & Tiptree
  • 0
  • George Keys Yellow Card 20:00'
  • Suliaman Bah Goal 27:00'
  • Christopher Millar Sub Off 46:00'
  • Kieran Bailey Sub On 46:00'
  • Junior Ogedi-Uzokwe Goal 53:00'
  • Suliaman Bah Sub Off 72:00'
  • Alfie Rowland Sub On 72:00'
  • George Keys Goal 90:00'

Team selection

Walker, Andy Walker, Andy
Forrest, George Forrest, George
Udoji, Emmanual Udoji, Emmanual
Peter, Dexter Peter, Dexter
Clampin, Ryan Clampin, Ryan
Lock, Matthew Lock, Matthew
Renee, Johnville Renee, Johnville
Keys, George Keys, George
Bah, Suliaman Bah, Suliaman
Ogedi-Uzokwe, Junior Ogedi-Uzokwe, Junior
Millar, Christopher Millar, Christopher
Maldon & Tiptree


Loading comments

Team sponsors


Club sponsors